NOW HIRING: Marketing Coordinator, short-term
Are you a superhero? Can you jump into new situations with confidence, initiative, and a willingness to learn? Erin Brae Design is a small business looking for someone who can help us survive the holiday season, with potential for extending if all goes well! You’ll have a unique opportunity to shape our digital marketing strategy and to be involved at an exciting time as we scale up.
Erin Brae Design uses handcrafted Sola wood flowers to create beautiful arrangements. Our products are sold at trade shows, local events, pop-up shops, Facebook Marketplace, and online (www.erinbraedesign.ca).
This position requires a lot of flexibility, as your responsibilities/hours will vary according to need and seasonality. But in turn, you will have the option to work from your home and, for the most part, schedule your own hours. The tasks are more important than the clock!
From the time you start until January 15 (or later!), you will:
- Respond to customer queries through social networks, Shopify, and email.
- Manage product photography and videography for web, social media, and marketing materials.
- Write blogs, newsletters and other advertising content.
- Create compelling social media content for all platforms (Instagram and Facebook) and manage the posting schedule via Canva.
- Create successful social media ad campaigns that will generate sales/leads and increase community engagement.
- Work with relevant influencers or complementary brands to grow the company’s social following organically.
- Write copy and develop content for website; keep website updated with new products and rotating features.
- Organize inventory, order supplies, create retail displays, make floral arrangements.
- Track orders, prepare invoices, and maintain stock lists in Shopify.
- Track invoices and receipts in QuickBooks.
- Provide information to bookkeeper upon request.
- Attend sales events and trade shows; sell products and collect payments via Square and Shopify.
- Assist at workshops, preparing supplies and helping attendees.
- 20 hours/week; most hours will be flexible and offsite, with at least one day a week required at the main work site on Fallowfield Road.
- English essential.
- Canadian citizenship or permanent residency.
- Highly developed initiative and action-oriented approach; ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Integrity, accountability, and respect.
- Willingness to jump in where needed: no task is too menial, no responsibility too tough!
- Significant experience with Facebook and Instagram; Canva and Shopify experience are assets.
- Strong skills in Microsoft 365 required; QuickBooks and Photoshop are assets.
- Exceptional communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Ability to stand for extended periods when at a trade show/event.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 20 lbs as required.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening work will be required, to be scheduled well in advance with a corresponding reduction in work week/daytime hours.
- Access to own transportation (main work site is not serviced by OC Transpo).
- Access to own computer/laptop and Internet.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, a cover letter, and the contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18. Please indicate in your application specific examples of how you meet the job requirements.
$20/h, 20 hours from start date until January 15, 2023, with possibility of extension; time off during the holidays will be provided unpaid.